Summer Beef and Plum Pizzettes
Summer Beef and Plum PizzettesRecipe courtesy of Marcia Kunde Mickelson
2 naan flat breads
1 large Rib Eye steak
2 firm red plums, thinly sliced
1 T. olive oil
1 to 2 T. honey
Small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 C. crumbled blue cheese (Pt. Reyes Blue is our favorite!)
2 T. coarsely chopped roasted salted pistachio nuts
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Grill steaks on a BBQ until rare to medium rare.
2. Remove from the grill and slice thinly across the grain.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
4. Place flat breads on a baking sheet.
5. Brush the bread with a fine layering of olive oil.
6. Top with 6 to 7 slices of plum.
7. Drizzle honey over the top.
8. Divide thinly sliced beef between the two pieces of naan.
9. Arrange thin slices of red onion next, followed by the blue cheese crumbles, and finely a sprinkling of the chopped pistachios. Salt and pepper to taste.
10. Place in the oven for approximately 10 to 12 minutes, until the blue cheese begins to melt. For a toastier crust, place the naan directly on the oven rack, or even better, over the barbecue grill. If grilling, keep the flame very low, and close the barbecue lid.
This is great served with our Kunde Family Estate 2010 Red Dirt Red or our 2010 Merlot.