Ahi Tuna Poke
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T mirin or rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp freshly finely grated ginger
- 1 small garlic clove - finely grated
- 1-2 tsp chili oil - depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 T toasted seasame oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 lb sushi grade tuna - cut into 1/4" cube
- Avocado - peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4" pieces
- 1 Persian cucumber - cut into 1/4" pieces
- 2 scallions - finely minced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds for garnish
In a small bowl combine soy, mirin, honey, ginger, garlic, chili oil, sesame oil and salt.
In a medium bowl, toss together tuna, avocado, cucumber and scallions. Add soy mixture and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top as your garnish.
Serve with a simple rice cracker, chips, lettuce cups or over rice.
Kunde Family Winery Sauvignon Blanc - Block 4SB20