Springtime Strawberry Pie
Recipe courtesy of Caryn Tognozzi
- Pillsbury pie crust
- 3 baskets of strawberries – washed and sliced
- 1 cup water
- 2 T cornstarch
- 3 drops red food coloring
- Granulated sugar to taste
- 3 1/2 oz cream cheese – room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 pint fresh whipped cream
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Bake pie crust according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- Mash 1/2 of strawberries in a saucepan. Add water, cornstarch and food coloring. Bring to a rolling boil until thickened. Let cool. Add remaining strawberries to cooked berry mixture and dust with sugar to taste.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla. Once creamy, fold in whipped cream. Spread filling into the baked pie shell. Top the cream cheese mixture with the strawberry mixture. Place in refrigerator and let chill until ready to serve.
- You can decorate the top with fanned strawberry slices and a sprig of mint if desired. Serves 6-8.
Kunde Family Winery 1904 Dessert Cuvée