Tortellini Salad with Artichokes and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 20 oz package fresh three cheese tortellini
- 2 celery stalks - chopped
- 1 13 oz can of artichoke hearts - drained and chopped
- 3-4 scallions - thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes – drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives – pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese – grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs - basil, oregano, chives, parsley - finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove - minced
Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain and rinse in cold water, set aside in large bowl.
Prepare the dressing. In a small bowl whisk together mayo, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, herbs and garlic. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary, set aside.
Prepare all other ingredients and toss together in a large bowl with half of the dressing. Add pasta and parmesan to vegetable mixture and a bit more dressing and toss. Taste and add more dressing to your liking, salt and pepper if needed. Best if made ahead and allowed to chill. Serve cold or at room temperature. Serves 6-8.
Kunde Family Winery Reserve Chardonnay