Spinach Strawberry Salad with Marcona Almonds
- 3 T white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4-5 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 basket fresh strawberries – cleaned and quartered
- 1/2 cup marcona almonds – chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta salata or feta cheese – crumbled
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and garlic. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large salad bowl, gently toss the spinach, arugula, strawberries, marcona almonds, and cheese with the dressing. Serve with freshly ground pepper. Serves 4-6.
Kunde Family Winery Chardonnay or Rose - Summer's Blush