Wild Mushroom Pizza
December 20, 2016
- 1/2 lb hamburger
- 7 ozs wild mixed mushrooms - sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil - torn
- 2 1/2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 homemade or store bought pizza dough - rolld to 12 - 14 inches
Heat grill or oven on high heat to 500 degrees with pizza stone inside.
- Cook hamburger in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat for 3 minutes then add 1 minced garlic clove, salt and pepper. Cook until browned, then drain and set aside in bowl.
- Cook mushrooms and 1 garlic clove in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat until softened, about 5-7 minutes, set aside.
- Prepare pizza – dust flour or cornmeal under prepared crust for easy transfer to pizza stone. Gently brush dough with pizza sauce, add 1 garlic clove minced over sauce, next add cheese, then hamburger and mushrooms.
- Slide pizza onto hot stone and cook until cheese is melted and sides are crispy, about 4-6 minutes.
- Serve pizza with fresh torn basil and a drizzle of olive oil.