Dog Hikes with Jeff and Roberta Kunde
Join 4th Generation Winegrower Jeff Kunde, his wife Roberta, and their dogs Cooper and Kalie, for a hike through the breathtaking Kunde Estate. Enjoy a day with your pup as you hike through vineyard rows, oak woodlands, native grasslands and chaparral as you weave your way along paths that stretch from the valley floor up into the Mayacamas Mountain range. Along the way, you’ll learn about Kunde Family Winery’s sustainable winegrowing and winemaking practices – from grape to glass. This moderately strenuous hike lasts for approximately 4 hours, concluding with a much-deserved wine tasting and wine country lunch.
A portion of the fee for the Dog Hike will be donated to Dogwood Animal Rescue Project and Sonoma County Humane Society, both programs which rescue and rehabilitate abandoned or neglected animals.
Reservations and Planning:
- The tour fee is $75/person. There is no wine club member discount.
- Hike time is 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- All dogs must be on leash
- Pre-registration is required and space is limited.
- A wine tasting and wine country lunch is included in the hike and fee
- All human attendees must be 21 or older
2018 Dog Hike Schedule
Saturday, April 28, 2018, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 23, 2018, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 29, 2018, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Hike and Taste in the Vineyards
Join us for a fun, casual hike through Kunde’s 1,850 acre volcanic and vertical estate. This is a remarkable opportunity to see sustainable winegrowing practices at work while taking in wine country’s spectacular scenery. Meander through a range of distinct ecosystems and native habitats as you learn how each one uniquely contributes to the process of sustainable winegrowing for Kunde Family Winery. Experience grape to glass first hand by tasting wines along the way in the very vineyards where the grapes are grown. This moderately strenuous hike lasts approximately four hours.
Reservations and Planning:
- The tour fee is $30 /person and $15 / Wine Club member
- Reservations are required and space is limited to 50 people
- Please pack a sack lunch and wear hiking boots or appropriate footwear
- We recommend that you bring sunscreen and water, especially on hot days
- Hike’s begin at 9:00 a.m. at the Kunde Family Winery Tasting Room
- The hike will conclude at the Tasting Room, where you will be able to sample and purchase Kunde wines.
- All hikers must be 21 or older
2018 Hike Schedule
Sunday, May 6, 2018, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Sunday, September 23, 2018, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.- Sold Out!
To make your reservation, please contact our Hospitality Department at (707) 833-5501 or email@example.com